If you need to schedule a dental exam or professional teeth cleaning please call (209) 955-1500 today! You can also request an appointment online.
Regular Exams and Cleanings
The condition of your oral health can effect the rest of your body. Routine brushing and flossing plays a very important role in maintaining good oral health, however, scheduling comprehensive professional cleaning with Image Dental is vital. The American Dental Association recommends oral exams and cleaning by your dentist every 6 months.
Scheduling regular visits to our office for comprehensive dental exams are an important part of oral health.
A typical exam will usually consist of:
- Inspection of any oral health issues that you might be aware of, such as periodontal disease, cavities, oral cancer, and gingivitis.
- Utilization of digital x-rays to detect signs of tooth decay, cysts, tumors, and bone loss.
- Inspect previous dental restorations such as fillings, crowns, etc…
- Each regular exam includes a detailed teeth cleaning, in which we will clean, polish, and rinse your teeth to remove any tartar and plaque that have built up on the tooth’s surface.
Visiting our office every six months gives you the chance to talk to the doctor about any questions you may have about your oral health. Regular exams are offered by appointment only, so please contact our practice today to schedule your next dental exam and teeth cleaning.
There are many benefits when scheduling regular dental exams. A few of those benefits are:
- Prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath
- Save money by avoiding costly and extensive dental procedures
- Keep your teeth white by reducing staining from food and drinks
- Shorten the time spent in your dentist’s office
- Have a smile that will last a lifetime
Professional Teeth Cleaning
Our caring Registered Dental Hygienist will usually perform a dental cleaning (dental prophylaxis) to remove mineral buildup (tartar) from your teeth. This is followed by the hygienist flossing your teeth, applying polishing compound and fluoride.
Routine professional teeth cleanings usually consist of:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Cleanings usually aren’t painful, but if you have any anxiety about your dental exam, be sure to let our hygienist or dentist know. We offer several sedation options to ensure your comfort.
If Dr. Nozaki or your hygienist find any tooth decay or gum disease during your exam or cleaning then they will advise you on how to improve your daily brushing and flossing habits. Other dental treatments may be recommended in more sever cases.
Tooth Decay Prevention
Adhering to a consistent dental hygiene regimen will most likely help you to avoid unnecessary tooth decay. A typical good dental hygiene regimen includes brushing and flossing at least twice a day, regular dental check ups, proper diet, and fluoride treatments.
Call our dentist office today at (209) 955-1500 or you can request an appointment to ask about our dental exams and professional cleaning services.